The tasty and aromatic Besan Ladoos are loved by one and all, especially during Diwali. Learn how to make Besan Ladoo with the recipe.
In Indian families, ladoos are offered as sweets. Be it any religious festival or puja at home or any other place, the occasion is incomplete without ladoos. Nonetheless, on the occasion of Diwali, ladoos have special significance as it is believed highly auspicious to offer ladoos to Lord Ganesha during Lakshmi Puja on the festival of Diwali. There are a large variety of ladoos available, like ‘Motichoor Ka Ladoo’, ‘Nariyal Ka Ladoo’ and ‘Til Ka Ladoo’, and so on. But the most famous and preferred among all the types is the ‘Besan Ka Ladoo’. So next time around, whenever you feel like having a Besan Ladoo, simply apply the following fast and simple recipe and get ready to gorge on some delicious besan ladoos.
Besan Ladoo Recipe
Cooking Time: 45 Mts
Makes approx 24 Ladoos
- 2 cups Besan/Gram Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Ghee (melted)
- ¾ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- ¼ cup Raisins and Almonds (chopped)
- A pinch of Salt
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, and roast the besan for 5 minutes.
- Add melted ghee into the besan and continue roasting for another 12-14 minutes, till it turns brown and exudes a nice smell.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Mix sugar with water and heat until the sugar gets completely dissolved.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix further.
- Now, add the liquid syrup and chopped raisins and almonds to the roasted besan. Mix them thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- When the mixture cools down, lubricate your hands with ghee and take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a round ball.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining mixture.
- Your besan ladoos are ready to serve or you can store them in an airtight container for a few days.